The American Veterans Center and the World War II Veterans Committe’s 21st Annual Conference will take place October 25-27, 2018 in the William G. McGowan Theater at the National Archives in Washington, DC. The three-day event features panels and discussions with America’s most decorated and distinguished veterans and active duty personnel from World War II to the present day. The event proves to be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to spend a weekend in the company of heroes.
To learn more about the Conference, call 703-302-1012 ext. 227 or e-mail the AVC.
The event also includes:
- The Wounded Warrior Experience, a very special reception & discussion
- American Valor: A Salute to Our Heroes, the first and only televised awards show recognizing our military heroes.
TO THE LATEST GENERATION
AVC’s 21st Annual Conference will feature military heroes from World War II through today. Here are some early highlights:
- The Tuskegee Airmen: 75th AnniversaryFeaturing surviving pilots of the legendary group of African American pilots on the anniversary of their deployment to WWII.
- Legends of World War II
- Featuring Lt. Colonel Richard E. Cole, a hero of the Doolittle Raid, and Lt. Colonel Edward Shames, a veteran of the famed ‘Band of Brothers’
- The Medal of Honor
- A conversation with several Medal of Honor recipients from across generations.
- Agent Clint Hill
- Known for his act of bravery on November 22, 1963, rushing to shield Jacqueline Kennedy after the first shots rang out in Dallas, TX, which killed President John F. Kennedy
- Valor on the Front Lines
- Featuring heroes of the current generation in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Leading Military Women: Commanders and Trailblazers in the Military
- Featuring Major Heather Penney, Amber Smith, and Major Katelyn Van Dam