AVC Conference Early Highlights
The AVC’s 21st Annual Conference will be held from October 25-27, 2018 at the National Archives in downtown Washington, DC. The event will feature military heroes from World War II through today. Learn more about the AVC’s Annual Veterans Day Conference and how you can attend here.
- The Tuskegee Airmen: 75th Anniversary
- Featuring surviving pilots of the legendary group of African American pilots on the anniversary of their deployment to WWII.
- Legends of World War II
- Featuring Lt. Col. Richard E. Cole, a hero of the Doolittle Raid, an ‘ace’ pilot, and Lt. Col. Edward Shames, a veteran of the famed ‘Band of Brothers’
- The Medal of Honor
- A conversation with several Medal of Honor recipients from across generations.
- Agent Clint Hill
- Known for his act of bravery on November 22, 1963, rushing to shield Jacqueline Kennedy after the first shots rang out in Dallas, TX, which killed President John F. Kennedy
- Valor on the Front Lines
- Featuring heroes of the current generation in Iraq and Afghanistan
- The Last Ace
- Brig. General R. Steve Ritchie, the only Air Force “Ace” pilot of the Vietnam War
The three day event will also include the Wounded Warrior Experience and American Valor: A Salute to Our Heroes. These programs spotlight the valor and sacrifice of individual service members, reminding us of the best of who we are as Americans.